Sunday, November 15, 2009

Myer Christmas Parade

a Biblical thought...
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. (1 Cor 9:22-23)

a Book thought...
Workers today look to have multiple needs met at work. For them, it’s also about fun, social connection, training, personal development, greater fulfilment and even environmental sustainability, in addition to achieving task outcomes and receiving financial rewards. (p136)

a Dave thought...
The Myer Christmas Parade was held yesterday in the heart of Melbourne and as a current member of the MSB it was fun to be a part of it. There is no doubt in my mind that the Salvos should make the most of every public opportunity to be involved and this was one of those occasions. The Salvation Army was designed to be on the road with our uniforms, flags and mobile brass bands yet in recent years seem to have less and less presence in the community. I pray that we will continue to get out of our buildings and take our message to the streets, even if if it is a bit hot and uncomfortable on occasions.

Just a thought.

No comments: