Sunday, January 13, 2008

Firsts

a Dave thought...
Today Danielle Strickland, Darren Hailes, and myself all competed in the Sandringham Olympic Distance Triathlon. As we took on the waves, wind and sun we somehow made it through the 1.5km swim, 40km bike ride, and 10km run.
Some people think I'm crazy, while others have a small amount of admiration but I think the reason I do things like this I just like the challenge. You see for me doing things for the first time brings a sense of mystery and excitement and venturing into the unknown for me is something I have always been attracted to. For whatever reason I am also that way when it comes to church to attempt new ministries, missions or services also catches my attention.
When I left school teaching many years ago to do full time ministry the students copied a picture of my desk and presented it on a music stand as a large plaque it read...
There are many things in life that can catch your eye. But only a few will
catch your heart. Pursue those.
Just a thought.

No comments: