Saturday, February 9, 2008

A workplace essential

a Biblical thought...
They all realized they were in a place of holy mystery, that God was at work among them. They were quietly worshipful—and then noisily grateful, calling out among themselves, "God is back, looking to the needs of his people!" The news of Jesus spread all through the country. (Luke 7:16-17)

a Book thought...
What is so important is that the Church keeps moving. From first to last, the Church is in pilgrimage. Its calling is in danger when it stops. But when it moves, there is hope that the way will be found. (p51 Needham)
a Dave thought...
I was listening to the radio this morning and heard an interview with a sports pschycologist who is now at the top of her field in Australia. As the interviewers questioned her about her development and progress it was quite evident this lady was incredibly focused and driven. When they asked her what the secret was to make it to the top of her field, she said "networking is the most important thing in life, it will get you to associate with those you are otherwise unable to access and learn from others more than anyone else". She went on to say there is nothing more important in your working life than the ability to network. Although this is a big statement I must also agree I value networking incredibly, it has certainly widened my world, my experieneces, my knowledge and given me opportunities I never dreamed possible.

Just a thought.

No comments: