Saturday, November 15, 2008

An INSANE coincidence

a Biblical thought...
He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." (Mark 9:36-37)

a Book thought...
Spiritual formation is not just devotions, but a whole life and community context for engagement with God. (p101 Logan & Miller)
a Dave thought...
After returning from holidays to the office this week I was pleasantly surprised to find 2000 pigs stacked up around my desk. We had ordered 1000 piggy banks to help all our delegates fund raise for mission for our upcoming event INSANE, but due to a mistake from the supplier who made the first 1000 at the wrong size we got a further 1000 at a discounted rate. It was not long till I realised there was something significant about 2000 pigs and insanity. There is a story in Mark 5 that talks about Jesus healing a man and making him sane. For that to happen the 2000 pigs received the demon and lept over a cliff. Well as the pigs started to leave our office yesterday and go out to the registered delegates, I too am starting to feel sane once again.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Heather Princess said...

Oh man...I wish I had an insane pig! They look awesome!!!! I'm totally jealous.