Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pessianne

a Biblical thought...
The chief priests accused him of many things. So again Pilate asked him, "Aren't you going to answer? See how many things they are accusing you of." But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed. (Mark 15:3-5)

a Book thought...
The life of faith is not about ourselves - our fulfillment, our growth, our maturity, our power. It's about pouring out our lives for others. (p117 Logan & Miller)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday I had to drop into the pharmacy to pick up some medication. As I waiting there for my drugs to be prepared a mysterious lady in her 50's walked in and after one of the shop assistants asked her how she was announced loudly to the whole shop "the party last night next door to my house didn't finish till 10pm and started at 2 in the afternoon!" She then went on to let everyone know that this street is the worst in Balwyn and all the hoons drive up and down here all night, and then followed it with another encouraging thought about how the council is always doing roadworks outside and how useless they are. After my 5 minutes in this lady's company I realised quickly that Anne was a pessimist, she could see what was wrong with everything and everyone, to her credit she did end up apologising to me about her behaviour and as I was in uniform then expressed her hope to me that the band may come down her street again this Christmas.
It is tiring to spend time with pessimists, people who always see the problems in the world but can't seem to see the good. Often I can be critical myself but unless we can see the glass half full rather than half empty and give people hope in this world, life is really going to be pretty depressing. So next time you meet Pessianne let her know how good life is an optimist and make sure you turn up to her house this year with the band to give her some Christmas cheer.

Just a thought.

No comments: