Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Junior Band

a Biblical thought...
I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, but my brothers who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear. I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly. (Joshua 14:7-8)

a Book thought...
A person surrendered fully to Christ gets it. And once a person has it, he can't keep it to himself. (p25)
a Dave thought...
Last night I assisted the Box Hill Corps in running a Junior Band information night. It was a great success with 19 primary school aged children signing up to learn an instrument. As my own son is looking at getting involved I have an interest here, but also because of my background as a music teacher. But more than all this I have heard many stories of young people who were attracted to a junior musical section at their local Salvation Army who have gone on to become soldiers and officers. I'm sure once again there were some present last night that God will challenge in years to come and we will discover that this was far more than just a band recruitment night.

Just a thought.

No comments: