Monday, March 30, 2009

Hospital

a Biblical thought...
Jehu greeted him and said, "Are you in accord with me, as I am with you?" "I am," Jehonadab answered. "If so," said Jehu, "give me your hand." So he did, and Jehu helped him up into the chariot. Jehu said, "Come with me and see my zeal for the LORD." Then he had him ride along in his chariot. (2 Kings 10:15-16)

a Book thought...
Christians are primarily perceived for what we stand against, we have become famous for what we oppose, rather than who we are for. (p26)
a Dave thought...
On Friday I was admitted to hospital for a minor leg operation on a varicose vein, which I had planned to have done for a few months. I am thankful all went well throughout the day and for the great staff at Epworth Eastern Hospital. Amazingly all three staff that I had significant conversations with over the course of the day were Christians. As they each asked me what I did as an occupation I responded by letting them know I was a Salvation Army officer. This then lead to a conversation where they mentioned a Salvationist they had known or the name of their pastor which I knew. It reminded me that I do live in the bible belt and that there are a lot of churches over this side of town. Perhaps next time I should have had my op in a hospital in the western suburbs.

Just a thought.

No comments: