Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sassafras

a Biblical thought...
But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing." (2 Sam 24:24)

a Book thought...
The strength and spiritual vitality of The Salvation Army is in direct proportion to the commitment of its officers and soldiers to personal devotions and private prayer, and to applying God’s words in our daily walk. (p41)
a Dave thought...
Have you ever had something that you’ve wanted to do for years but could never find the time or the courage to give it a go? For me it was a 7km bike ride called the “1 in 20” this world famous ride rises 1m in altitude every 20 metres of riding. I have had numerous invites over the years to ride up this mountain to Sassafras but have never taken the challenge. Well yesterday was the day and as I took the plunge and finally made the effort to do the ride in 26:25 (the pros do it in sub 14min!) I felt somewhat proud. Not just for making it up this mountain but for finally achieiving something I’ve dreamt of doing for years but always having an excuse why I couldn't.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you celebrate by having a coffee at Ripe in Sassafras!?!