Friday, May 22, 2009

Twitter & The Red Shield Appeal

a Biblical thought...
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)

a Book thought...
In 1888 the Self-denial Appeal was launched as a collection to encourage the public and soldiers alike to give sacrificially to the work of the Army.
a Dave thought...
This initiative of using twitter to support the Red Shield Appeal by Aaron, Grant, Phil & Rowan is awesome check it out... www.bit.ly/reds

You Tweet to share your life. Now you can Tweet to change the world. Your fingers. Your keyboard. US$5. Share a story. Then feed the hungry. House the homeless. Support the isolated. Change the world... How? Buy a Tweet. A Tweet that shares the story of the broken and the forgotten. A Tweet that shares how we can help restore equality to humanity. A Tweet that actually makes a contribution to a better world.You can purchase a Tweet for US$5. This Tweet will share how The Salvation Army serves our communities. The money goes to The Salvation Army's Red Shield Appeal. The funds raised in The Red Shield Appeal are used within The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army gives the money back to the community by providing food shelter, homes and personal support to the broken and forgotten of our world. Go on. It's only US$5.For more info check out www.salvationarmy.org.au/redshieldappeal

Just a thought.

No comments: