Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Goals

a Biblical thought...
Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. (Revelation 22:12-13)

a Book thought...
Those who pay attention will discover God is far more involved in their daily lives than they ever imagined. (p133)
a Dave thought...
I am a person who likes to write down yearly goals. The last few years I have used categories and then write 3 goals in each one. I believe unless you are aiming for something in life you will end up anywhere and just waste a lot of years in the process. Here are my categories for 2010 with a description of the types of things I will set three goals in...

1. Spiritual - praying, reading, learning such as conferences

2. Physical - exercise, diet, gym, sporting events

3. Family - holidays, time together, new ventures, devotions

4. Relationships - extended family, meet neighbours, others we are yet to meet

5. Financial - tithing 10%, saving 10%, live off 80%, sponsor children, pay off debt

6. Educational - enroll in a course, read a book, attend a seminar

7. Home - improve, invite people over, create a new space

8. Ministry - look where you will put your time, start something new, evaluate current areas

As I have 24 specific goals (8 x 3) which are measurable I then email them to a few friends who I ask to keep me accountable. If you have never tried this before I encourage you to seek God, set goals and enjoy a fruitful 2010.

Just a thought.

No comments: