Saturday, December 1, 2007

We Love You Guys!

a Jesus thought...
I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. (John 15:5)

a Godly thought...
Only when we have become completely oblivious to self are we ready to bear the cross for his sake. (p78 Bonhoeffer)

a leading thought...
A leader is a person of action and to be a person of action you must master the art of decision-making. (p91 Newman)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday I travelled across here to Perth and as I was wearing my Salvo shirt (epaulets & insignia) the air host (male) spotted me in the plane & yelled out "WE LOVE YOU GUYS". I was actually really stoked as he then went on to explain how the Salvos do such a fantastic job and our country would be a mess without us. I also ended up having a deep conversation with Catriona an air hostess who recognised me as her past teacher in the mid-nineties, and then there was Peter, a young father who works in Melbourne 5 days a week but flies home to his family on weekends.

I've noticed how when I travel with my uniform on I get a lot less work done as everyone seems to want to have a conversation with me. It is like you immediately become the airplane chaplain, then again maybe that is the real work I should be engaged in and should just leave my laptop in the overhead baggage.

Just a thought.

No comments: