Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Women Bishops

a Biblical thought...
Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant—dog dung. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him. (Phil 3:8)

a Book thought...
Make your people responsible for doing high-quality work by responding to their needs and supporting them. That places the responsibility at the appropriate level - with the people who do the work. (p43 Blanchard)
a Dave thought...
The Church of England voted Monday to allow the ordination of women bishops following a divisive debate which pitched conservatives against liberals. This a key moment for their denomination but having women in spiritual leadership is something we as Salvationists have always embraced for 143 years.

Some of us often think the Army needs to be more progressive and radical, but we must also remember the many things we got right from our very beginning. Areas we got right include - women in leadership, our focus on the marginalised, 24/7 committed soldiership, a focus on getting the gospel out of the church, and a realisation that physical and social needs must be met if the gospel is to be preached. The Army certainly has a great future if we continue to embrace these strengths, and be the Army who God intends us to be.

Just a thought.

No comments: