Sunday, December 21, 2008

Being Santa

a Biblical thought...
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. (John 3:21)

a Book thought...
Know that nothing becomes a value until you put time, effort, and money toward it. (p155 Cordeiro)
a Dave thought...
Last night was another first for me, yes my debut performance as Santa Claus. The occasion was a friends carols service at his house which was beautifully lit up. As many of his neighbours and friends came to hear a brass ensemble play and admire the lights it was my duty to appear as Santa. Well the time for my appearance was to be 8.15pm after the mandatory rendition of Jingle Bells. All was going to plan until I took a call on my phone at 8.13pm while I was getting ready. I then finished my call while I could hear Jingle Bells starting, so I grabbed the sack of lollies and my bell and headed out of the back of the house. It was at that moment that I realised I'd forgotten the cushion and black belt, well it was too late as the second verse was starting so I continued my quest to the front yard to come across an obstacle - the side gate. As the owner obviously believes in security it took me another 2 minutes to unlock the 3 catches but finally I arrived ringing my bell. It was a good night and I had a lot of fun ringing the bell and throwing out lollies to everyone, and even though many asked why Santa was late and under fed it was rather special being Father Christmas.

Just a thought.

No comments: