Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goals for 09

a Biblical thought...
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:34)

a Book thought...
Leading from the second chair is like waiting tables. We must strive to give our senior leaders great service. (p41)
a Dave thought...
I am one who finds setting goals helpful. So as we are about to approach the new year I visit my goals from 2008 and write 3 goals in 8 different categories for 2009. If you are really keen give yourself a score out of 24 at the end of each year. My categories are...

spiritual
physical
educational
family
home
financial
relational
ministry

All of these areas can be focused selflessly or selfishly, so just check what your motifs are or better still share them with a friend or mentor. Also don't put too much pressure on yourself as you don't always achieve all your goals, but if you find you go from year to year without ever achieving much or you would like to have more direction in your life I encourage you to give it a go.

Just a thought.

No comments: