Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Food of Champions

a Biblical thought...
Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD. (Numbers 15:38-39)

a Book thought...
Leaders who want to transform the culture seek to build as many bridges as possible to the world outside the faith. (p91)
a Dave thought...
Feedback is an interesting thing to receive. As I have overseen many events and projects over the years so have been on the end of many encouraging thoughts as well as many critical ones. I was taught early on as a leader that feedback is the food of champions and unless you are willing to receive peoples opinions it will always be hard to grow as a leader. Well the longer I have been in leadership the more I do want to hear what people think. Many are encouraging and tell you the things you want to hear in person. Then there are others who let you know everything regardless of its harshness but write it down rather than deliver it face to face or through a conversation. So I continue to learn and grow as a leader and whatever food comes my way I pray I will have the wisdom not only to know what to swallow but also to know what to digest.

Just a thought.

No comments: