Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mrs Random

a Biblical thought...
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. (Ecc 11:5)

a Book thought...
Creativeness and enterprise do not have to be present in the same person for successful innovation, but they must be present in the same team. (p193)
a Dave thought...
Staying fit is something I continue to value and so continue to my best at exercising everyday. On Thursday this week while on my morning jog I was on the final straight when a lady got out of her car. She looked at me from 20 metres away and said ‘you’ve done well, I just saw you at the bottom of that big hill’. I responded and said, ‘thanks, I’m doing my best’. It was surprising to have a random person compliment me like this but it actually meant a lot to me. My last km up the final hill seemed so much easier than normal as I sailed home on the back of these kind words. When I got home and logged my time in the computer I had done a PB for this route!
Complimenting others is so undervalued in life. In our Aussie culture in particular we are quick to find faults and often put others down but giving words of praise unfortunately just doesn’t seem as common. So as Mrs Random demonstrated to me we all need to encourage others more, as who knows you might just be encouraging someone you don’t know set a new record they have been after for years.

Just a thought.

No comments: