Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TYBI

a Biblical thought...
No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. (Luke 8:16)

a Book thought...
Lord, if Thou wilt only sanctify me, I will take the meanest little appointment there is! (p49)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday was the beginning of our first Territorial Youth Brengle Institute held at the Training College with special guest Rob Noland from Hawaii. Twenty Salvationists aged 16-21 were selected to be a part of three days of intense holiness teaching. It was a powerful time as we explored God’s word and what it means to be holy. Captain Rowan Castle spoke about the fact that holiness is not only the absence of sin but the presence of love. After lunch Captain Danielle Strickland talked about the need to live justly in community. We then went on a reflective walk after I shared the words of Brengle himself after having a full immersion in the Love of God (1885) … I walked out weeping for joy and praising God.Oh, how I loved! In that hour I knew Jesus, and I loved Him till it seemed my heart would break with love. I was filled with love for all His creatures. I heard the little sparrows chattering; I loved them. I saw a little worm wriggling across my path; I stepped over it; I didn’t want to hurt any living thing. I loved the dogs, I loved the horses, I loved the little urchins on the street, I loved the strangers who hurried past me, I loved the heathen, I loved the whole world.
Commissioners Jim & Carolyn joined us for tea and shared the fact that Eliza was only 16 years of age & filled with the Holy Spirit when she began The Salvation Army in the USA! It was a great and I’m sure even greater things are ahead for us all gathered together this week.

Just a thought.

No comments: