Saturday, January 2, 2010

17 Years

a Biblical thought...
The Lord accepted Abel and his offering, but he did not accept Cain and his offering. This made Cain very angry and dejected. (Genesis 4:4-5)

a Book thought...
Once God speaks to us, we cannot remain the same. God's word always requires adjustments on our part. (p137)
a Dave thought...
It was 17 years to the day, 10am at the Box Hill Salvation Army that I married my beautiful wife Kylie. It has been an amazing journey and we have been through so many experiences together. I never once regretted marrying young and have always enjoyed living life with the sensational Kylie. Our first years were in Halls Gap which were just magnificent, then 3 houses in Melbourne and now we find ourselves living in Grovedale. Along the way we have had two children, become Lieutenants and now Captains committed to life long service to God through The Salvation Army. I met Kylie at a Divisional Youth Crush on Sunday 11th September 1988 at the Preston Salvos. I was immediately attracted to her and am grateful for all that she has taught me about life and ministry. I look forward to this next chapter of our lives together knowing our love for God and each other only continues to grow.

Just a thought.

No comments: