Sunday, January 3, 2010

7 Contemporary Sins of Youth

a Biblical thought...
It is the sign of my permanent promise to you and all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will be seen in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with everything that lives. (Genesis 9:13-15)

a Book thought...
Even the most dramatic circumstances will have no meaning for unless you are sensitized to hear what God says. (p142)
a Dave thought...
A group of 100 European youth (young adults) were asked to collaboratively write a new list of the 7 deadly sins. This was not a “christian” study, nor was the faith of the participants part of the selection process.
This list is interesting and telling. I think this exercise would be very interesting to go through with a class at school or youth group. Here’s the list the European youth came up with:

1. Racism

2. Dishonesty

3. Bullying

4. Greed

5. Adultery

6. Anger

7. Envy

Just a thought.

No comments: