Thursday, January 14, 2010

INSANE Day 4

a Biblical thought...
Then Joseph kissed each of his brothers and wept over them, and then they began talking freely with him. (Genesis 45:15)

a Book thought...
The value of discipleship in a group context is that it protects you from the biases and limitations of the one discipling you. (p181)
a Dave thought...
INSANE continues to being an outstanding event. The quality of the programs and diversity of activities is amazing. A huge thanks to the team my amazing wife Kylie, Aaron Mills, Cate Shanks & Miriam Pho without you guys as well as many many others this would not be at all possible!
Last night Major Sandy Crowden preached on Give it all You've Got and reminded us that although we may be ordinary people we can be extraordinary with God. She read the William Booth quote when asked for the secret of his success:

I will tell you the secret. God has had all there was of me. There have been men with greater brains than I, men with greater opportunities. But from the day I got the poor of London on my heart and caught a vision of all Jesus Christ could do with them, on that day I made up my mind that God would have all of William Booth there was. And if there is anything of power in the Salvation Army today, it is because God has had all the adoration of my heart, all the power of my will, and all the influence of my life.

Just a thought.

No comments: