Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A trinitarian thought

a Biblical thought...
But God does care when you use your freedom carelessly in a way that leads a fellow believer still vulnerable to those old associations to be thrown off track. (1 Cor 8:9)

a Book thought...
The promise is not that Jesus will simply reappear within the present world order, but that, when heaven and earth are joined together in the new way God has promised, then he will appear to us - and we will appear to him, and to one another, in our own true identity. (p147 Wright)
a Dave thought...
I have been in various conversations of late on how we look after the things around us, and what we value most. I have noticed in particular some interesting observations with my fellow officers. For some keeping their quarters in a perfect state and their garden beautiful is very high on their agenda. I believe they do this because they have been taught from a young age to look after the possessions that have been entrusted to them. I have also noticed this with some and their lease vehicles, again even though they don't own them they do their utmost to keep it in great condition. For those that cherish these facilities there are also an equal number who have no attachment at all and feel it is not a big deal if things deteriorate or get shabby.

I personally like to have a clean house & car, but do not always have them in the best possible condition. However the area that does take some part of my attention is looking after my body. For me if my body gets in such a state that I am unable to do ministry due to sickness or overweight it certainly effects the way I serve both God and others. So I will continue to observe some who demand others to get their house or car in order but deep down I wish they would get their own body in order as surely down the track a quarters and vehicle is only of use if we can go the distance.

Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also gluttony is a very hard sin to hide. Perhaps it is the only way to prove you are a sinner ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a pity we're not all perfect like you, Collo.
Thanks for your non-judgmental, "without discrimination" blog and ministry example!