Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Packing

a Biblical thought...
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

a Book thought...
The desire to be a world-changer is planted in the heart of every human being, and that desire comes directly from the heart of God. (p13)

a Dave thought...
Last night Kylie and I began the task of packing as we are on the move to South Barwon in the new year. This will be fourth move we have made since being married, and our second quarters. But as Ky and I are both officers kids we grew up on the move, changing homes every 2-5 years. I actually like change but others find it stressful. As we began the pack up last night it was amazing to find boxes from our last move that we had hardly opened and makes you realise just how much stuff we hang on to and lug around that we just don't need. Anyway a compulsory clean up will be good for our family but I was also thinking it would be great if we could also do the same with our minds. If every few years we could just clean out the junk, the old thoughts, or bad memories, or unhealthy attitudes that we have picked up along the way I'm sure we would all be better people and the world would be a better place.

Just a thought.

No comments: