Monday, October 19, 2009

Round the Bay

a Biblical thought...
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

a Book thought...
In Brengle's writings he is a doctor, skilled and experienced. With his ear to his own heart, his hand on the pulse of human experience, and his arm about the drooping shoulders of sinning humanity, he wrote his prescriptions. (p225)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday I rode 200km on the bike as part of the "Round the Bay in a Day" event. It was a lot of fun as I joined over 10,000 others riding, chatting and hurting. Although it is difficult for those that are opposed to exercise to understand, for me it is one of my favourite parts of the day. It is a time when I feel relaxed, I talk to God, and feel reinvigorated about life. I often feel that I maybe unusual in this regard, but since have found many other believers who also see physical exercise as part of their worship to God. Ryan Hall the American Olympian is one such athlete he blogs regularly about running and God. On September 8 he wrote...

I have always said that the Bible is the best sports psychology book of all time. When I was working through the issue of winning and losing I stumbled on 1 Corinthians 9:24, which says, “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.” For Paul winning meant accomplishing all God intended him to accomplish and entering into heaven. Having been inspired by Paul, I, too have changed my definition of winning so that I have won if I fulfilled all that I was suppose to fulfill and loved God and my neighbor while doing that.

I realize that everyone’s definition of winning won’t be the same and that is fine. What I want to encourage everyone to do, especially youth, is to spend some time and really think about what it means for you to win and how you can accomplish this regardless of how your body performs or how your competitors perform. Running is a beautiful thing when every run can be a success. I try and run in such a way that I win everyday. I want to see everyone win every time they race as well. http://blog.mastertheshift.com/Ryan-Hall/

Just a thought.

No comments: