Thursday, January 17, 2008

Connecting Rasheed

a Biblical thought...
He sat down and summoned the Twelve. "So you want first place? Then take the last place. Be the servant of all."
He put a child in the middle of the room. Then, cradling the little one in his arms, he said, "Whoever embraces one of these children as I do embraces me, and far more than me—God who sent me." (Mark 9:35-37)

a Book thought...
Christian fundamentalists seem to use the Bible like a weapon, quoting verses out of context like bullets to shoot anything or anyone they don't like. (p187 Kimball)

a Dave thought...
Tonight we had the 614 team come and lead a time of worship and share with us at Territorial Music School. Brad Ellis lead the worship team as we sang some great songs such as the classic Amazing Grace & Brendan Nottle once again preached with such conviction many were moved by God to 'sing a new song' in their settings in 2008.
Not only did we experience the worship & preaching but also Jim came with the AXA bus and the campers got to play Xbox and watch DVDs on this incredible vehicle. But amidst all this was something that far outweighed all that for me it was seeing Rasheed sing in the worship team.
While co-ordinating the Youth Rally at Connections 07 at Fed Square in November, this young guy came and introduced himself to me to see if I knew of a band he could join. Rasheed knew nothing of the Salvos but liked the music he heard on stage and was keen to play keyboard somewhere. So I looked around and saw Brad Ellis there and introduced him as the guy who headed up the Salvo rock band in the city. Well 2 months later he is still fully involved at 614 and tonight he told me he plans to get even more involved once he completes his accounting exams next week.
It is amazing what God can kick start with a 1 minute conversation with a stranger in the city, and it reminds me that every person we meet and every conversation we have can have eternal impact so be ready.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I read the title I thought it would be about Roger...