Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sit no longer

a Biblical thought...
"Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for? (Mark 8:34-37)

a Book thought...
One of the primary mistakes the church has made, and still makes, is presuming that gay people are outside the church. (p157 Kimball)

a Dave thought...
After the first 24 hours of our Territorial Music School, I have no doubt once again in the value of bringing young Salvos together for a week. As we have students from SA, WA, Vic & Tasmania it has already been a great meeting and encouraging time for all of us involved.
Today Danielle Strickland came and shared on the line from Storm the Forts - sit no longer idly by using Isaiah 1:11-20 for our bible study and it was great to hear the campers share their views on what they believe God is saying to them today. God spoke to Samuel and even though he lived in the temple he did not recognise God's voice. A lot of the students here this week are very involved in their corps and do a lot of stuff I pray above everything that through all the noise and instruments that they too may hear God's voice clearly each in their own lives.

Just a thought.

No comments: