Sunday, February 3, 2008

Constant change

a Biblical thought...
I'm bursting with God-news; I'm dancing the song of my Savior God. God took one good look at me, and look what happened— I'm the most fortunate woman on earth! (Luke 1 :46)

a Book thought...
A church out of touch with the world is a church out of touch with God, for the call of God to go into the world is unmistakable. (p36 Needham)

a Dave thought...
On Friday night I was very brave taking my two sons and wife to the Twenty20 cricket at the MCG. Although the game was not great the overall spectacle was sensational. When this new form of cricket was proposed a few years agao I was somewhat sceptical but now I have two very young boys and less time the whole package works great for me.
It is interesting how the game of cricket keeps reinventing itself. As it was established in 1877 but could not stick with just one format of the game, the 5 day test match, it had to bring in the one day game in the 70's, and now this latest version.
Well I'm sure the 84,000 there on Friday enjoyed it and it is a reminder that constant change is here to stay.

Just a thought.

No comments: