Friday, September 19, 2008

Wasting Time?

a Biblical thought...
Are you listening to this? They've made their bed; now they must lie in it. Anyone marked for prison goes straight to prison; anyone pulling a sword goes down by the sword. Meanwhile, God's holy people passionately and faithfully stand their ground. (Rev 13:9-10)

a Book thought...
Jesus took some boys who didn’t make the cut and changed the course of human history. (p132 Bell)

a Dave thought...
I was challenged by an article I came across this week on www.reachingtheonlinegeneration.com which challenged the reader to consider if spending time on the Internet is a waste of time. Here are the six questions you can ask yourself…

How have I used the Internet to connect with the Online Generation today?
How have I used the Internet to meet and interact with the lost members of the Online Generation today?
What have I done to contribute to existing online communities today?
How have I used the Internet to demonstrate my love for Christ and His love for all people?
How have I used the Internet to gather resources for reaching the Online Generation?
What did I do today to catalyse spiritual communities online?

I have certainly increased my time on the Internet over the last couple of years and I would now spend more time online than I would watching TV. Perhaps the fact that I can control what I read and take in through the Internet might be the reason. I also find the time a lot more productive and interactive than just sitting back watching the box. So for me yeah it takes a lot of time but I’d have to say it is time not wasted.

Just a thought.

No comments: