Monday, June 8, 2009

SYG

a Biblical thought...
I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself. (Psalm 89:1-2)

a Book thought...
Those born after 1970 sometimes have difficulty in understanding how earlier generations could have perpetuated so many destructive changes and called them ‘progress’. (p34)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday Kylie and I drove down to Warragul to get a taste of State Youth Games. There is over 200 Salvo youth down this long weekend there competing and camping from Footscray, Resi, Preston, Camberwell, Box Hill & Ringwood. With the weather cold and rainy as per normal I once again admired their durability and teamwork. This annual event is organised by the Churches of Christ and has over 2000 youth from many denominations meeting for basketball, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, dodgeball, tennis, chess cross country and many more. I know of guys who also have been saved at this event during the Saturday night rally, so it is not only a lot of fun but also a great chance to experience community and hopefully find Christ at the same time.

Just a thought.

No comments: