Friday, April 10, 2009

Dear Jesus

a Biblical thought...
God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have." (2 Chronicles 1:11-12)

a Book thought...
The excitement of Christianity won't come back because of 'happy music'; it will come back when we begin to understand the vibrance and vitality of the biblical story of what the Kingdom of God is all about. (p144)
a Dave thought...
Last night as I was putting 7 year old son to bed we prayed a "Dear Jesus" prayer as we often do. Our prayer included asking God to keep everyone safe for the weekend and thanked God for sending his son Jesus to die on the cross for us. Noah then asked who we should pray to for the next three days, he went on to explain that because Jesus dies tomorrow we won't be able to talk to him till Sunday. He suggested that praying to God the Father might be the way to go, and that therefore the Father must be the most important of the three. Well I did my best to explain that although we are reflecting on the death of Jesus on Good Friday, He is alive and hears our prayers even the weekend he dies on the cross. I am one who believes in discipling my own children but I didn't think it was going to get this hard so early on, I can't imagine what he is going to ask me when he turns 13! Anyway as we reflect today on the death of Jesus I am thankful we serve a risen Saviour.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, Dave. You're doing a great job so far and you're an encouragement to me in trying to raise my own! :)

Grace,
Phil