Tuesday, April 7, 2009

JCAC

a Biblical thought...
They were to play the lyres and harps, Asaph was to sound the cymbals, and Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests were to blow the trumpets regularly before the ark of the covenant of God. (1 Chronicles 16:6)

a Book thought...
It's our duty to help remedy a broken world, but this takes effort. Our responsibility is to embrace this task with humility and energy, without expecting the world to come to our doorstep. (p131)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday I ventured down to the Forrest Edge camp to run a session at the Junior Creative Arts Camp. It was great just to be there and experience the energy and vibrancy of the 100 eight to fourteen year olds present. Captain Tracey Davies is doing a great job once again as it is well organised but also a creative program to keep the kids engaged. I encourage you to come along tonight at 7pm to Box Hill and see the end result of their four days together.

As I was driving home I reflected on the fact that I attended similar camps in Perth as a nine year old boy who just held a trombone but didn't play much at all during rehearsals. What I do cherish though is the friendships I made back then that are still part of my life today. Being part of these camps where we live in community and get to discuss our growing faith is invaluable and I'm sure the kids I saw at JCAC today will one day look back at this camp too and value its lasting impact on their lives.

Just a thought.

No comments: