Thursday, April 23, 2009

Live Streaming

a Biblical thought...
And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this? Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish." (Esther 4:14-15)

a Book thought...
One of the charges against training institutions was that young men entered them red-hot, and came out very polished, but very cold. (p49)

a Dave thought...
Above is a YouTube of Canadian Michael Collins speaking at ACC 2007 in Vancouver. Tonight you have the opportunity to hear him live at www.salvationarmy.org.au/sstv I am currently with Michael at the Revolution Youth Camp in Tanunda South Australia and we will be going live tonight with the service at 8pm EST beginning with the worship team & followed by a preach by Michael.

Live streaming of events is now so easy to do & I believe it is a fantastic and cost effective way of communicating across the globe. It makes so much sense as an army to go global with so many of our events. Unlike a lot of community churches we have a universal theology and ecclesiology for hundreds of corps across the territory and thousands of corps across the world. So why not have a website where events are streamed daily from commissionings, congresses, concerts, youth councils and even training college lectures. If you are interested in getting involved drop me a line and if you just want to work out how to stream from your centre contact my brother John at john.collinson@themusicpage.com

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I missed the stream. Is it possible to still see it?