Sunday, October 25, 2009

Driven

a Biblical thought...
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. (Acts 2:42)

a Book thought...
I’ve learned that you can’t possibly build a God-honouring church with a congregation full of consumers. (p63)
a Dave thought...
It is only 41 sleeps to go until my second attempt at an Ironman. Not many seem to understand why I wan’t to go back and attempt the 3.8km swim, 180km bike and 42km run but for some reason I do. My first attempt at the event was successful as I did it under the allotted 17 hour cut off time in 15 hour and 8 minutes but I’m determined to beat this time. I often wonder why I am driven, sometimes it is good to be like this but other times I wish I could just sit back and wait for things to happen like some others. The good part of being an ESTJ is that I like to achieve and often get things done. The negative side is that I’m often so task focused that I force many events and activities in my life and those around me. I often ask God when I should just sit back and pray and wait for Him to move rather than go with my agenda. Of course God’s agenda is what I need to focus on and sometimes that involves waiting which is not an ESTJs natural inclination.

Just a thought.

No comments: