Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reflecting

a Biblical thought...
"If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way, just as the Scripture says." (John 7:38)

a Book thought...
Intimacy produces fruit, and we become like who we spend time with: so this step is reminding us to deepen our relationship with the Lord. (p112 Munn)

a Dave thought...
One of the interesting ways to reflect on your life is to track those moments when you made significant spiritual decisions. For me it started in 1978 when I made a decision to become a Junior Soldier, then 1986 at a basketball carnival with the the TYS Wally Golding preaching I made a serious commitment to have Jesus as no. 1 in my life. My next major encounter was 1990 Territorial Music School when again TYS Vic Poke invited us to come forward and give up our personal agendas for God. In 1996 my first Hillsong & then 2000 at my first Planetshakers and ACC 2002, were also moments I will never forget in my journey.
As part of my role is to facilitate events that have eternal consequences I have had to reflect to look at the fruit of significant events in my own life. Although events also have their challenges with often too much hype and emotion I have no doubt God still uses them to change lives like mine. So yeah events are helpful but lets just make sure we have time and space for the conversations afterwards that will help us disciple others.

Just a thought.

No comments: