Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eventful Ponderings

a Biblical thought...
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)

a Book thought...
Church Should Be Like a Dance Club —Josh Reich
a Dave thought...
This afternoon we returned from two weeks of events back to back. Firstly Territorial Creative Arts Camp and secondly The Salvation Army Basketball & Netball Carnival in NSW. As I sit here somewhat exhausted I am both reflective and pondering the future at the same time. Reflective because these events provided an opportunity for me to stop and listen to God many years ago and altered the journey of my life. In 1987 at age 16 I went to my first carnival in Perth where I then heard TYS Major Brian Golding preach and I gave my heart to God in a very real way in the Perth Fortress hall. Secondly it was in 1991 at Territorial Music School at Mountain Valley after hearing TYS Major Vic Poke when I first discussed and prayed with Kylie about our call to officership.

As we look into the future some are asking questions about the value of these sorts of events. Are they too costly, are people being saved etc? All I can witness to firsthand is that if I had not been encouraged to attend these events as a delegate I may very well not be an officer today. Secondly now being a leader and observing over the last couple of weeks God is still doing great things at these events, with peoples lives being changed, leaders raised up, and many significant relationships being formed. I encourage us all to continue to ask good questions on how we can improve and get involved to make these events better.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

James Smith said...

Good to have you on board again, Collo. Another year, so many memories. Despite being Victorian - and we won't hold that against you - you (and Noah) are always welcome in the red, blue and gold.