Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Leadership Quote

a Biblical thought...
I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion. (Isaiah 8:17-18)

a Book thought...
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave behind a trail” (Emerson)
a Dave thought...
At TCAC last night I was responsible to do a 90 minute session to the 20 who chose to do the leadership elective. I chose my favourite leadership quote by Peter Senge to base the session on. I love this quote because it emphasises the fact that leadership is not just about the stage and being a great worship leader or amazing preacher but rather there are 3 essentials that define a leader.

1. Clarity & persuasiveness of ideas
2. Depth of commitment
3. Openness to continual learning

I believe if you can continue to grow and do better in these areas you will continue to become an amazing leader. There is no doubt that the best leaders I have ever followed or observed have had these three elements present in their lives and I pray that the emerging leaders present at this session last night will also be inspired to grow in these ways.

Just a thought.

No comments: