Friday, July 24, 2009

Investing into Others

a Biblical thought...
So I will go to the leaders and speak to them; surely they know the way of the LORD, the requirements of their God." But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke and torn off the bonds. (Jeremiah 5:5)

a Book thought...
It is the heart that moulds the character, guides the choice, and masters all the course and conduct of a man's life. (p9)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday while walking back to the office from the local cafe I was stopped by a young man who said 'are you David Collinson?' 'Yes' I replied, he said 'its Matt Watson, you taught me at Stawell Secondary College.' We ended up chatting for a couple of minutes and after discovering he works at the local music shop across the road I then offered to take him out for lunch. So a few hours later we went through the last 15 years of our lives and where we had ended up today.

I taught Matt VCE music in 1993 and often brought him down to Melbourne with me on Wednesday nights when I travelled down to MSB rehearsals. As Matt was a very keen drummer I helped him hook up with some professional drummers down here to get him started on his passion in life. Well 15 years later he is still working in the music industry and has made several CDs and travelled as a drummer with various bands and artists. It reminds me when you invest into others and help them connect with something bigger in life you never know what the results may be. People are special and investing into others is one of the greatest things you can do with your time.

Just a thought.

No comments: