Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Australia Day

a Biblical thought...
Moses and Aaron then went into the Tent of Meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the LORD appeared to all the people. Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown. (Leviticus 9:23-24)

a Book thought...
God could have sent a full-blown adult to be the saviour of the world. Instead, the Son of God entered history inside a tiny human frame bound by time, space, and a baby's survival needs. (p55)
a Dave thought...
I must admit to unashamedly loving Australia. I am a huge fan of nearly everything about our great country. I love the diversity in landscape, people, sport, food & the fact that we Aussies love life to the max. We enjoy leisure and the outdoors more than most and always love gathering for an occasion. Yesterday was Australia Day & I had a very Australian day. It began with a bike ride from Moriac down to Torquay (23km) which was just superb with no cars and country landscape. Then at 9am my wider family met at Cosy Corner beach, Mum & Dad, brother John, sister Lyn & 8 kids in total for a BBQ breakfast. After a swim out in the ocean and lots of fun in the waves we headed back to my sisters house to watch the tennis and cricket on TV. We then travelled home via a Richmond Korean restaurant where I attended a 30th party of a Korean friend. Later as I headed home friends dropped over for a drink to welcome Phil Laeger, another international who thinks Australia is a country worth living in. Yes I'm Australian and proud of it.

Just a thought.

No comments: