Saturday, January 3, 2009

Weddings

a Biblical thought...
So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran. He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Haran, and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there. (Genesis 12:4-5)

a Book thought...
You cannot be an effective second chair leader, and your ministry will not excel, if you spend all your time trapped inside your silo. (p75)

a Dave thought...
Kylie & I had a really special day yesterday, firstly because we were a part of Kris & Katie's wedding and secondly because we were celebrating our own 16th wedding anniversary. Witnessing a beautiful wedding of two friends & neighbours we have seen grown together and who have a real love for each other was great. The fact that it was also our wedding day many years ago made it even more memorable.

As I read that the national average for the length of a marriage is seven years Kylie and I have done really well comparatively with 16 and my parents are well above average having just reached 45 years. I must admit that I do love being married and love Kylie very much and I'm glad we are committed to each other for life. I pray that as others such as Kris & Katie sign up for better or for worse that they too will have a life-long relationship that will be everything God has in store for them both.

Just a thought.

No comments: