Monday, December 22, 2008

Carols Service

a Biblical thought...
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:13)

a Book thought...
If you want to hear the words that God himself breathed into existence, you must go to His Word. (p170 Cordeiro)
a Dave thought...
The Carols Service at The Salvation Army Box Hill is an annual event that always attracts a crowd, and last night was no exception with over 400 present. There was a great vibe in the hall as we listened to the advent scriptures and sang a dozen different Christmas Carols. As I was asked to give the message last night I chose to base it around one of my favourite carols - The Stable Door. This Salvation Army Carol was written in the late 1940's with the words penned by Lieutenant-Commissioner Arch Wiggins and music by General Wilfred Kitching. The third verse reads like this...

Not without can I remain,
Not my heart's deep urge restrain,
Trembling 'neath my love and pain,
I come, dear Son of God.
Now I bow me at Thy stall,
Giftless, yet I give Thee all;
Thou art Lord, and I am thrall
To Thee, O Son of God!

Just a thought.

No comments: