Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Voice

a Biblical thought...
The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. (John 12:25-26)

a Book thought...
When your relationship with your first chair is based on trust and your gifts compliment each other, you experience many benefits. (p38)
a Dave thought...
Do we need yet another translation of the Bible? Some seem to think so and it will be interesting to see how this project turns out.
According to a story by Lillian Kwon in The Christian Post, “Numerous translations of the Bible already exist and it’s the best-selling book of all time. But Christian leaders in the postmodern culture are not a fan of the current translated word. They are not interested in just presenting Biblical facts and truths in their preaching. They want to tell the entire story of the Bible just as Jesus did.”
The Voice Scripture project expects to be done with the new translation by 2009. You can download a sample chapter of Matthew at The Voice.

Just a thought.

No comments: