Saturday, December 13, 2008

Op Shop Formal

a Biblical thought...
Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him. Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words. (Luke 19:47-48)

a Book thought...
If the devil can keep you away from the Word, he steals the father's main tool for fruitfulness in your life. (p57 Cordeiro)
a Dave thought...
Last night was the annual Box Hill Salvos RAWards night, and as I've been leading a young adults cell this year I was invited to attend. Generally being 38 years old does make it a challenge to adapt to the youth culture but last night made it somewhat easier. The dress-up theme was Op Shop formal, and while most of the youth who attended had to go down the street and buy something for the occasion it was not the case for me. All I had to do was look in the cupboard in the spare bedroom and grab some clothes I have kept from the early nineties, then borrow a jacket from my 50 year old neighbour to make my outfit complete. While many at the event were impressed with the effort I'd made I was thinking I wish all youth events were that easy to get ready for.

Just a thought.

No comments: