Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Noah turns 6

a Biblical thought...
"Then I heard a voice: 'Go to it, Peter—kill and eat.' I said, 'Oh, no, Master. I've never so much as tasted food that wasn't kosher.' The voice spoke again: 'If God says it's okay, it's okay.' This happened three times, and then the blanket was pulled back up into the sky. (Acts 11:7-10)

a Book thought...
Jesus at no point, ever condemns a strict religious lifestyle as long as it is engaged in as a result of an encounter with God. (p81 Frost)
a Dave thought...
On Monday the 14th April we celebrated Noah's 6th birthday. It was a lot of fun with the big bash being at 4pm at the Kew traffic school, where all his friends rode their bikes and scooters around for 2 hours while eating lots of junk food.
It was great to sit around and chat with all the parents and hear stories of starting school, the challenges of parenting, and each others child's interests. As Noah continues to grow up I am realising how quick the years fly by and the importance of valuing everyday with your own children. I certainly don't want to be an absent father as my two boys develop, but it is easy to get caught up in the demands of life and work without realising it.
The best parents I see in action are purely selfless, which is an area I continue to work on. As I continue with this huge responsibility of parenting & mentoring my boys I'll continue to have a lot of fun, and I hope to keep it that way.

Just a thought.

No comments: