Saturday, June 28, 2008

Children

a Biblical thought...
Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that. (Eph 5:2)

a Book thought...
To reach Bridgers you must develop a setting that enhances social connections and offer multiple interactive activities. (p187 McIntosh)
a Dave thought...
Last night it finally happened, yes that moment when you discover that your 6 year old son, no longer wants to be exactly like you. As I rushed home to pick up Noah for the big game at the MCG he informed me he would not be barracking for the West Coast Eagles tonight, but rather Hawthorn. To rub it in even further he managed to get hold of a Hawthorn scarf and put that on rather than his WCE jumper. Well despite the feeling of failing as a parent, I have managed to survive the evening even though my team was defeated by 57 points. It was hard sitting through the game next to a Hawthorn supporter, but then again as it was my son, and like God does to me, I'll love him regardless.

Just a thought.

No comments: