Sunday, March 15, 2009

APEST

a Biblical thought...
In the past, while Saul was king over us, you were the one who led Israel on their military campaigns. And the LORD said to you, 'You will shepherd my people Israel, and you will become their ruler.' (2 Sam 5:2)

a Book thought...
The vitality of our spiritual life as a Movement will be seen and tested in our turning to the world in evangelism and service, but the springs of our spiritual life are to be found in our turning to God. (p7)
a Dave thought...
Many years ago now I discovered by accident that I was an apostle. Although I’d had a few leaders suggest this to me across many denominations as I was growing up in the church, it wasn’t until I read and studied further that I realised what an apostle was.

APOSTLES extend the gospel. As the “sent ones,” they ensure that the faith is transmitted from one context to another and from one generation to the next. They are always thinking about the future, bridging barriers, establishing the church in new contexts, developing leaders, networking trans-locally. Yes, if you focus solely on initiating new ideas and rapid expansion, you can leave people and organizations wounded. The shepherding and teaching functions are needed to ensure people are cared for rather than simply used.

I have very much appreciated the work of Alan Hirsch over the years and his thoughts on Ephesians 4. I also have found that by understanding my ministry style that I also have a better grasp of my strengths and weaknesses. So if you can ($10 USD) I encourage you to do the APEST test mine reads…

APETS Apostolic 45 Prophetic 30 Evangelistic 24 Teaching 17 Shepherding 3

It is the only online, professionally designed and researched, profiling instrument designed to assist you to find your ministry style in relation to the fivefold ministry of Ephesians 4 (Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Shepherds, Teachers). www.apest.org

Just a thought.

No comments: