Sunday, March 22, 2009

Parties

a Biblical thought...
So be strong, show yourself a man, 3 and observe what the LORD your God requires: Walk in his ways, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and requirements, as written in the Law of Moses. (1 Kings 2:2)

a Book thought...
Challenge is the antidote to complacency, both personally and corporately. Christians who avoid it are avoiding living the Christian life. (p50)
a Dave thought...
Above is a picture of Noah's 7th Birthday party, we held it yesterday at the local indoor sports centre and it was a lot of fun, mainly for Noah but that was the idea! I also was present at Scottish Dave's 50th birthday later on for tea, so it was certainly a day for celebrations. If you look closely above you will be able to admire the amazing cake my wife prepared. This has become somewhat of a tradition for every party in our family and as we met in a very public space today many others also got to see her great work of art. It confirmed to me that many things I take for granted like celebrating life and great cakes are not regular occurrences for many. So I thank God for all that I have and experience in this life but at the same time ask Him to keep me grounded in what happens in others lives around the world.

Just a thought.

No comments: