Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Love Jesus

a Biblical thought...
But the Israelites said to the LORD, "We have sinned. Do with us whatever you think best, but please rescue us now." Then they got rid of the foreign gods among them and served the LORD. (Judges 10:15)

a Book thought...
It is better to have one person working with you than three people working for you. (p69)
a Dave thought...
One of the great things I love about living in the "Sporting Capital of the World" is the opportunity to attend so many live sporting events. So although I'm not a huge soccer fan when I was offered a ticket to the A-League Grand Final I made the most of it. As one of 53,000 present last night there was plenty of entertainment, but not always pretty starting with a few police arrests as well as 2 red cards and 5 yellow cards. But probably the biggest statement of the night was made by the Melbourne Victory player Rodrigo Vargas who wore an I Love Jesus t-shirt on the dais to accept his championship medal. Rodrigo seems to be a great guy and I have also heard he made is way during the last couple of weeks to some of the relief centres to give some support. Great to see such a talented sportsman putting his faith to action as well as on display last night.

Just a thought.

No comments: