Monday, August 3, 2009

More Enrollments

a Biblical thought...
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. (Ezekiel 11:19-20)

a Book thought...
An enterprising individual is able, even anxious, to take responsibility and is an effective
communicator, negotiator, influencer, planner and organiser. An enterprising individual is active, confident, and purposeful, not passive, uncertain and dependent. (p219)
a Dave thought...
Yesterday I was able to be present at St. Kilda chapel for the enrollments of some good friends. Charlie, Star and Lydia have been a part of my life now for a few years and to see them take this step to soldiership in The Salvation Army was encouraging. Charlie and Lydia are both children of Korean Presbyterian ministers while Star on the other hand has a rural Pentecostal background. It seems to be of late that many more young adults in their twenties and even early thirties are signing up as soldiers. When I was enrolled at age 14 I was still working out my faith and beliefs whereas today most new soldiers are a lot older and are not signing such a covenant without a lot of prayer and thought. Over in Perth last night Frizz, a 19 year-old girl (who has an amazing story of conversion) from Morley also became a soldier. These 4 enrollments confirm to me that God is still doing amazing things in peoples lives and also assures me that he continues to call quality people to serve Him through the Salvos.

Just a thought.

No comments: