Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scalp a Salvo

a Biblical thought...
Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' " 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army. (Ezekiel 37:9,10)

a Book thought...
In the 21st century it is possible to construct an aid program which is in the private sector and which enables rich people and communities everywhere to help poor people and communities everywhere. This would be a borderless humanitarian aid system, permitting anybody wishing to do so to opt in to the provision of humanitarian assistance, and not to leave it just to the foreign aid budgets of governments. (p348)

a Dave thought...
Over the last few years I continue to be encouraged by the commitment from many of our young people towards our work overseas. Reno Elms, the CO at Unley has decided to join his three sons in raising money by having his head shaved today. Reno says…

Yes, I have gone crazy but all for a good reason. Loosing my hair will hopefully add to the already $10,000 that my 15 year old son Samuel has raised over the last 10 months toward the goal of buying a mini bus for $20,000 for an orphange in Denpasar where my family helps support 85 boys. I have $1,500 worth of sponsors so far, my goal was for $3,000 (200 people giving me the value of one hair cut, $15) The more the quicker our family can buy the bus.

If you would like to make a donation towards the bus please contact Remo @ remo.elms@aus.salvationarmy.org

Just a thought.

No comments: