Sunday, August 23, 2009

True Love Waits

a Biblical thought...
LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy. (Habakkuk 3:2)

a Book thought...
"A poignant paradox is that sometimes the very desire to be a good mother or father will lead the parent to mistake duty for love."
a Dave thought...
Yesterday at the Northern Victoria youth camp we chatted through some of the issues that young people are facing in rural Victoria. DY Simon Pickens had some helpful web pages...







Another web page Kylie shared which I believe is a great way to help teens in the issue of pre-marital sex is http://www.lifeway.com/tlw/ True Love Waits® challenges teenagers and college students to make a commitment to sexual abstinence until marriage. The pledge reads...

"Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship."

Just a thought.

No comments: